Thursday, September 4, 2008

Soul Art





I want my artwork to speak to your soul. My intention is to create art that makes you think. Deep thoughts and emotion reflect in each piece. My depictions are mainly people centered. I love combining unusual patterns and texture. I use mediums like pastels, crayons, thick acrylic paint. I love the impact of black and white for some images as much as I love bold colours for others.

My inspiration is drawn from the journey of life, experiences and reactions to it, be it spiritual, personal or worldly. The end result is Truth painted on a canvas that speaks to the soul; very often it is an unexpected result which teaches me something new. I obsess over anything artistic, creative and unique. My prayer is for God to use my hands as His paintbrushes to create art that serves a purpose, as I strongly believe art is good for the soul!

No comments: